Tuesday, December 2, 2008

The National Security Team

Here is what I think of the picks made yesterday by Obama.

Hillary Rodham Clinton for State - Since I'm feeling optimistic after listening to her statement to the press, I'm giving her an A-. I discuss more about her pick in older posts. See below for Pros and Cons.

Susan Rice for US Ambassador to UN - She's highly experienced and a good face of the US for the UN. A+

Fmr. Gen. James Jones for National Security Advisor - Highly Experienced and a National security heavyweight. Was the Supreme Allied Commander. What more could you want? A+

Robert Gates for Sec. of Defense - He is the current Sec. of Defense for Bush. This shows bipartisanship and will probably help with the transition since Gates knows the Bush Administration's Pentagon well enough to change it to the way Obama wants it. Don't worry, he will be in office only for a year under Obama. A+

Janet Napolitano for Sec. of Homeland Security - A+ (I'm feeling optimistic about her too so I changed the grade for her too)

Eric Holder for Attorney General - A+, just as my previous post said.

No comments: